Monday, 20 June 2016

End of Week 4 - Whoop Whoop the first.....

The first what I hear you ask.  Well, you'll have to scroll down for that :-)

I hope you have all had a wonderful week and celebrated Father's Day.  We went out for a wonderful family meal - I was really good and went with a lovely salad and chicken :-)  I did steal one (just one) of Andy's fries LOL!

The girls have finished school, however, this week is exam week so only mornings to deal with and they will be all done by Thursday!  Schools out for Summer !!!

I am so happy that you are popping along and encouraging me - it means so much to me and I thank you for your support :-)

Still doing everyday and happy to report that I have been doing this now for 28 days on the trot!  I am already feeling so much more mobile and I am so in the right frame of mind to get this done!

So, here's my weekly breakdown.


Did you see?  I reached the 1 mile (1.6km) - whoop whoop :-)  LOL!  For the next two weeks (as then I go away for two weeks) I am going to concentrate on getting a little faster, albeit keeping the time the same.

Are you ready for some scientific stuff LOL!

One of my friends was asking me about what the fitness score is in my graph above. So I thought I would share with you the graph in the Treadclimber Manual. (Click on the picture it will open it up bigger)


That red line is me LOL!.  I started this journey at level 31 - poor, and I am currently at level 42(the blue line) - low average (where the two lines intersect), after 4 weeks of using the Treadclimber every day.  The fitness score is based on calorie burn and time/distance/heart rate over 5 workouts.  So as you do more and get fitter this figure will increase.  

Taken from the Treadclimber manual.

"The most efficient procedure to burn fat during exercise is to start at a slow pace and gradually increase your intensity until your heart rate reaches between 60% - 85% of your maximum heart rate. Continue at that pace, keeping your heart rate in that target zone for over 20 minutes.  The longer you maintain your target heart rate, the more fat your body will burn."

Here's the graph :-)

So now when you look at my weekly graph and see the fitness score and the average heart rate you know what it stands for.  My average heart rate is well within the fat-burning zone - yay me LOL!

Weigh in time - yep!

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight Last Week
211.5 lb

Weight This Week
210 lb

Weight Loss
1.5 lb

Weight Loss Total end of Week 4
10 lb

I have lost my first...... 10 lb !  Feeling so good and raring to go for another week :-)

Hope you all have a fabulous one and thanks for your continued encouragement :-)

Quote for the Day.

"Don't wait until everything is just right.
It will never be perfect.
There will always be challenges, obstacles
and less than perfect conditions.
So what.  Get started now.
With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger,
more and more skilled, more and more self-confident
and more and more successful."
Mark Victor Hansen (motivational speaker and author)

3 comments:

  1. Good on you, Karon. Keep it up. Whoop whoop for the 1 mile. I also joined the bike challenge at work. I've worked out at least 5 days for each of the past 6 weeks, though now am out of town. I'm determined not to let it slow me down but focus on changing my choices so choose health. Let's keeping workin' it out together. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)