Monday, 13 June 2016

End of Week 3 - Still Going strong :-)

Wow - where are the weeks going.  3 down only another 29 weeks till I turn 50 LOL!

Firstly I would like to thank everyone that has come along and is supporting me on this journey to get fit and for leaving such fab encouraging comments.  Keep it up please :-)

Secondly, my girls finish school this Friday, although they have exams next week, but that doesn't mean that I stop.  Hubby has to get up for work, so I'll get up to do my workout :-)

Here's this weeks breakdown.  Happy to report I have still managed every day, and still improving.


Did you see that I reached the 30 minute goal!  And nearly a mile (1.5km) LOL!

My intention now, is to keep it at 30 minutes, but change up the speed and also the drop/height of the the treadles. Although I may leave the latter till I return from the UK. More on that later.

I thought I would share a very quick recipe with you today.  I have been making this no-crust quiche off and on for a few years now.  It is low fat, filling and so easy to make.

RECIPE
NO-CRUST QUICHE

1 x 500g Tub of 0% Cottage Cheese
1 x medium onion - chopped
6 Eggs

That's it.  The basic recipe.  

Beat you eggs till light and fluffy.
Add chopped onion and the cottage cheese.
You can add other things
like your favourite veggies, or deli meats.  What ever you fancy.

I added some chopped sliced tomatoes to mine.

Oven at 200c (400f)
Cook for about 35 minutes, still set in the middle.

I usually have mine with a pile of salad, maybe a baked potato.

It's lovely warm, but tastes even better cold, so great for picnics too!

Here's the one I cooked the other day, nom nom nom :-)


Now, I'm not sure if I will have many recipes to share but when I do, I will also added them to the pages tab above, for quick reference :-)

Oh yes - I guess it's Monday so Weigh in time :-)

Start Weight
220 lb

Weight Last Week
214.5 lb

Weight This Week
211.5 lb

Weight Loss
3 lb

Weight Loss Total end of Week 3
8.5 lb

Still a great steady weight loss.  I was really surprised when I got on the scales this morning, at the 3lb loss :-)  Makes me feel good :-)

So, in three weeks my daughter and I are taking a trip to the UK to visit friends and family.  It is part of her graduation present and we are both looking forward to the Mum and daughter time.  So, I will be absent on here for a couple of weigh ins :-(  I will be trying my best to keep on track, but of course the workouts will cease.  But as soon as I get back I will be back at it!  Saying that, there are still another 3 weigh ins before I leave!

Once again, thanks so much for the support :-)  Have a great week.

Quote for the Day.

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do,
you absolutely, positively 
do have the power to change."
Bill Phillips (Fitness)

8 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me, 3 more pounds less!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the no crust quiche with bacon, onion and mushrooms, or bacon and leek, or leek and mushroom, just to mix it up a bit. Well done and keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say I use Quark (low fat) instead of cottage cheese and don't like it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Keep going, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you, Karon. It's a big step to just be faithful. Let the weight and the endurance come in its time. Glad to hear you get to travel. It will certainly be special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on another fab week Karon - your recipe sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Karon.....thank you for sharing your recipes. I was on a mission to loose weight leading up to my daughters wedding. I feel so much better! It takes times but boy do you feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it can inspire you in some way, or that you can support me on my journey :-)